DRDO has launched “DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls“ through Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR&DB), DRDO HQ.
AR&DB has been mandated to nurture quality aeronautics human power in the country since its inception in 1971. This scholarship scheme would attract such women power from various institutes through a transparent process with an objective to tap the talent of bright students across the country.
RAC invites online DRDO scholarship applications from the Girls / Women students studying in the first year of Under Graduate (BE/B.TECH: full-time four-year degree) and Post Graduate (M.TECH/ME: two year full-time degree course) under “DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls in Aerospace Engg / Aeronautical Engg / Space Engg & Rocketry / Avionics / Aircraft Engg” for FY 20-21, Batch-02 through RAC website https://rac.gov.in
To Get DRDO Scholarship Apply Before:
Details of Positions
|Item No.||No. of Scholarships||Subject/ Discipline|| |
|Amount of Scholarship|| |
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements
- Advertisement -
|Aerospace Engg / Aeronautical Engg / Space Engg & Rocketry / Avionics / Aircraft Engg.||Under Graduate* (BE/ B.TECH/|
|Rs.120000 / year or annual fees whichever is less for a maximum period of four years.||· Candidate must be an Indian National.|
· Candidate should have got admission in the 1st year of the current academic year (2020-21) to the relevant B.E./ B. Tech./B.Sc Engg. course.
- Advertisement -
· Candidate should have cleared JEE (Main).
· Candidate should have a valid JEE(Main) score.
|2||10||Aerospace Engg / Aeronautical Engg / Space Engg & Rocketry / Avionics / Aircraft Engg.||Post Graduate (ME/ M.TECH/|
|Rs.15500/- per month subject to Rs.186000/- per year for a maximum period of two years.||· Candidate must be an Indian National.|
Candidate should have secured admission in the 1st year of the current academic year (2020-21) to the relevant ME/M.TECH / M.Sc Engg course.
Candidate must have scored a minimum 60% marks in the qualifying exam (graduation)
level: BE/B Tech/B Engg. or equivalent) for getting admission to the subject course as per the guidelines set by AICTE/MHRD. In cases where the conversion formula is not obtainable, CGPA/CPI of 6.75 (for a 10 point scale) will be taken as equivalent to 60%, as per AICTE guidelines.
· Candidate should have a valid GATE
· (General Aptitude Test in Engineering) score.
- The applicants should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria as on the closing date of the advertisement. Candidates should be in possession of Essential Qualifications and should have JEE
(Main) and GATE valid score” for B.Tech and M.Tech respectively.
- The prescribed Essential Qualifications are bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not guarantee the scholarship.
- The scheme is free from any bond obligation. However, the scholars of the scheme will have to do their major final year project work preferably at DRDO/ Govt. Labs or in AR&DB funded projects in any institution during their course work.
a) First-year Undergraduate (B.E./B.Tech./BSc. Engg.) DRDO scholarship (for 4-yr full-time course) will be based on the merit of JEE (Main). Candidates without valid JEE (Main) score will not be considered.
b) First-year Postgraduate (M.E./M.Tech./M.Sc. Engg.) DRDO scholarship (for a 2 year full-time course) will be based on the valid GATE score on merit basis. The candidates without a valid GATE score will not be considered.
Scholarship in the following year(s):
- During the period under scholarship, Post Graduate and Under Graduate scholars are required to pass all the tests and examinations which may be prescribed by the Institutions to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 7.00 or 70% marks.
- The scholarship amount of the particular year will however not be disbursed to those who are not able to pass tests/examinations and do not complete the academic year.
- The list of the qualifying students in the first and the following years, institute-wise, would be forwarded to
AR&DB for further processing of the case for the release of scholarship to the Grantee Institutions.
The list of students for discontinuity of the scholarship would be forwarded to AR&DB from the institutes for the record.
Conditions of Scholarship:
a. Once a scholarship is discontinued to a candidate it will not be granted further, in spite of qualifying the eligibility in the later years.
b. Students availing this scholarship will be entitled to avail only one scholarship at a time and an undertaking has to be furnished by the students and it should be countersigned by the institute that she is not availing any other scholarship from any other institute/department / agency.
- Candidates will have to produce all certificates, in original, for verification in the Institute and a certificate has to be forwarded to AR&DB in this regard by the institute where the student belongs.
- Applications without scanned copies of certificates for the requisite essential educational qualification or incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No correspondence would be entertained in this regard.
- Selected candidates will be considered for the scholarship and will get a scholarship through their respective institutes.
- The Institute has to submit the contingent bill with ECS mandate for all the candidates so selected for a scholarship for release of money for scholarship.
- The offer of a scholarship to the selected candidates will be restricted to the number of scholarship in order of merit. List of candidates selected for a scholarship will be made available at AR&DB website:
- The number of scholarships is limited to 20 for Under Graduate and 10 for Post Graduate students pursuing their respective degrees at the academic institutes.
- For queries for the status of approval of scholarship, candidates may contact at e-mail [email protected]
Checklist: Please ensure that you have:
(a) Attached a scanned copy of each of the requisite certificates with the online scholarship applications.
(b) Rightly selected the scholarship applied for.
(c) Uploaded recent passport size colour photograph (max. size 50 KB)
(d) Aadhaar Card (max 500 KB)
(e) Proof of admission (max 500 KB)
(f) Fees details (max 500 KB)
(g) Certificate from Institute (max 500 KB)
(h) A printout of the finally submitted/Locked online application for your reference.
- A date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed Closing Date for submission of the online scholarship application.
- The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars carefully in the online scholarship application as submission of wrong/incomplete information may lead to rejection through computer based shortlisting.
- The applicants are advised to carefully attach all the certificates / documentary evidence of age, educational qualifications valid JEE (Main) / GATE score etc. in the online scholarship application as no correspondence will be made to the candidates for submission of Non legible / incomplete attachments.
- Those applications which are not finally submitted by the candidates in accordance with the instructions will be automatically rejected by the computer system and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Therefore, candidates are advised to finally submit the application carefully and enclose all necessary documents as applicable.
- Download: Official Notification
- You may also like to apply for Cochin Shipyard Limited | 144 Vacancies | Apprenticeship