Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur- IIT Kharagpur and Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) offer a joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Program in “Chemical and Molecular Biology”.
- This program bring two premier institutes in teaching and research together to offer courses in the interface of Biology and Chemistry.
- Students will participate in course work in both the institutes. The students obtaining CGPA greater than the stipulated one may be admitted to the Ph.D. program after completion of their M.Sc. Applications are invited from interested Indian nationals for admission to the above course. Further details are available at http://www.iitkgp.ac.in
IIT Kharagpur Eligibility :
- First division at 10 and 10+2 level
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Life science or Chemistry.
- At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/EWS/OBC-NCL category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PwD category candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For candidates with letter grades/CGPA, the candidate should secure at least 6.5 CGPA in 10 point scale. Conversion of CGPA into marks will not be accepted if the degree awarded on the basis of CGPA.
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by October 31, 2020.
- The candidate should qualify JAM (Biotechnology) or JAM (Chemistry) conducted in 2020
- Intake will be on the basis of JAM (BT)/ JAM (CY) rank.
- Reservation of seats will be as per MHRD norms.
Admitted students will be entitled to a stipend of Rs. 12,000/- p.m. (fixed) for the first two years subject to adequate performance and other rules of the Institutes. On successful completion of the M.Sc. course, students obtaining a CGPA above a certain stipulated level may be considered for admission into Ph.D. program following the prevailing norms of the admitting institute.
Students will be accommodated in the hostel during their stay at IACS Kolkata and IIT Kharagpur.
Applicants are required to apply online (portal address will be provided). Self-attested copies of mark sheets/certificates/ JAM scorecard should be uploaded in the online portal. Interim queries will not be entertained. Those who have appeared in the final examination may also apply but their final selection will be subject to securing the required percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
No application fees
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of JAM-2020 only in the subject area Biotechnology / Chemistry in order of merit.
Important points to remember:
- Announcement of the admission processes 16 July 2020
- Last date of receiving online applications 06 August 2020
- Admission of selected candidates at IIT Kharagpur will be intimated
- Commencement of classes at IACS Kolkata will be intimated
Curriculum and Syllabus
Details of the course content and syllabus can be found here.https://erp.iitkgp.ac.in
For Jobs in Maharashtra register Your self at- Government of Maharashtra Jobs Portal | MAHAJOBS | Register Now!